Do you ever feel like your smile is in need of a tune-up? Does it seem like your pearly whites just don’t have that spark anymore? If so, consider teeth bonding. This quick and effective procedure can revamp the appearance of your teeth in no time.
Imagine being able to transform chipped or crooked teeth into an improved version of their former selves with one quick visit to the dentist—no long-term commitment required! That’s just what teeth bonding promises: a swift solution for fixing minor cosmetic issues without breaking the bank.
What is Teeth Bonding?
Teeth bonding is a dental treatment in which a tooth-colored resin material is applied to the surface of teeth to restore or improve their appearance.
The procedure is often used to repair chipped, cracked, discolored, and misshapen teeth, fill small gaps between teeth or make the teeth look longer. It is also sometimes used as an alternative to traditional braces for minor changes to the alignment of the front teeth.
Benefits of Teeth Bonding
- Teeth bonding can provide a quick fix for minor cosmetic issues with your smile.
- The procedure itself is typically quicker than other types of cosmetic dentistry procedures such as veneers and crowns.
- In most cases, no anesthesia or drilling of the tooth surface is needed for this type of treatment.
- Dental bonding can be done in one visit at an affordable cost since it does not involve expensive materials like porcelain.
- Teeth bonding has minimal risks and rarely causes any discomfort or pain during the procedure itself.
How Does Teeth Bonding Work?
- Dental bonding begins with a comprehensive dental exam where your dentist will evaluate your overall oral health as well as examine your existing tooth structure and facial features that need to be addressed with bonding.
- After determining what needs to be fixed and how it can best be done, they will apply a conditioner or etchant onto your tooth surface so that the composite resin material will bond better and last longer once applied.
- They then use shades that match the natural color of your surrounding teeth to select an appropriate shade for the composite material before use.
- Once selected, they shape and sculpt the resin as per their desired anatomy before curing it with ultraviolet light which activates chemical bonds within in order to harden it into place.
- They polish all surfaces so that it looks natural before sending you home with instructions on how best to maintain its new look over time such as avoiding certain foods that may stain it further down the road.
Teeth bonding provides an excellent short-term solution for fixing minor cosmetic imperfections such as chips and discolorations on front teeth. Without having to undergo extensive treatments like veneers or crowns that take more time and money but produce long-lasting results.
Are you in search of fast solutions that won’t sacrifice quality? Then dental bonding may be your perfect option. Reach out to Gessner Smile Dentistry at (713) 858-8513 and one of our skilled staff members will help guide you through the process.